By Peter L. Myers,Richard E. Isralowitz
This textual content offers updated, complete, and available information regarding alcohol use in western society and different cultures.
• offers a chronological presentation of alcohol intake in international cultures, American society, public coverage, and similar issues
• contains a bibliography and index to facilitate extra interpreting and direct entry to info on particular topics
Read or Download Alcohol (Health and Medical Issues Today) PDF
Best popular culture books
Attorneys within the usa are usually defined as “hired guns,” keen to struggle for any patron and increase any curiosity. Claiming that their very own ideals are inappropriate to their paintings, they view lawyering as a technical task, now not an ethical or political one. yet there are others, these the authors name reason legal professionals, who refuse to place apart their very own convictions whereas they do their felony paintings.
Interpreting movies approximately writers and acts of writing, the author on movie brilliantly refreshes a number of the well-worn 'adaptation' debates via inviting movie and literature to interact with one another trenchantly and anew – via acts of specific configuration now not adaptation.
From the mid-1920s, the dance corridor occupied a pivotal position within the tradition of operating- and lower-middle-class groups in Britain - a spot rivalled purely via the cinema and finally to eclipse even that establishment in reputation. Going to the Palais examines the background of this very important social and cultural establishment, exploring the dances, dancers, and dance venues that have been on the center of 1 of twentieth-century Britain's most important leisureactivities.
Precise account of a decade-long apprenticeship with Huichol shamans within the Mexican Sierra Madre • includes an insider’s view of the Huichol’s shamanic religious practices, together with their ritual use of peyote • bargains the Huichol route to sustainable therapeutic for people and our planet by no means conquered by way of Europeans, the Huichol--known for his or her use of peyote in non secular ceremonies--have completely retained their old lifestyle.
- Rituals, Ceremonies, and Cultural Meaning in Higher Education (Critical Studies in Education and Culture Series)
- Making Societies: The Historical Construction of Our World (Sociology for a New Century Series)
- Re-interpretation of Robert Gartside's book "Interpreting the songs of Maurice Ravel"
- Manuel María Ponce: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
Extra resources for Alcohol (Health and Medical Issues Today)
Alcohol (Health and Medical Issues Today) by Peter L. Myers,Richard E. Isralowitz