By Anthony C. Thiselton
- Addresses questions in regards to the content material, environment, and authenticity of the 2 Thessalonian letters, drawing on responses from major students, poets, hymn writers, preachers, theologians, and biblical students during the ages
- Offers new insights into matters they bring up bearing on feminist biblical interpretation.
- Provides a historical past of two-way impacts, as exemplified through Ulrich Luz, Hans Robert Jauss, and Hans-Georg Gadamer
- Written through Anthony Thiselton, a number one commentator at the Greek New Testament
Read or Download 1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) PDF
Similar christian reference books
A brand new quantity within the NEW AMERICAN statement stories IN BIBLE AND THEOLOGY sequence, Lukan Authorship of Hebrews explains why Luke is the most likely writer of the booklet of Hebrews. The ramifications of this probability are then distinct extensive, together with the best way Hebrews informs the translation of the books of Luke and Acts.
A chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse metaphysical (spiritual) interpretation of the Gospel of Luke. you could learn it side-by-side with any conventional model, to get a metaphysical or non secular interpretation. ideal for religious study, periods, own devotion, and meditation.
Recovery is the 1st e-book within the stroll within the gentle sequence. It explores the traditional religion defined within the Jewish and Christian Scriptures. recovery information how either one of these religions went off course from the unique religion via spiritual traditions and doctrines. The publication examines the necessity for recovery and the prophetic implications concerned.
Robert Alter’s award-winning translation of the Hebrew Bible maintains with the stirring narrative of Israel’s historical historical past. To learn the books of the previous Prophets during this riveting Robert modify translation is to find an enjoyable amalgam of hair-raising motion and excessive literary fulfillment.
- Karl Barth and the Fifth Gospel: Barth's Theological Exegesis of Isaiah (Barth Studies)
- A Place for Hagar's Son: Ishmael as a Case Study in the Priestly Tradition
- Through His Eyes: God's Perspective on Women in the Bible
- THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THE TRUTH: Walk in His Truth Because He Is the God of Our salvation
Extra info for 1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries)
1 and 2 Thessalonians Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) by Anthony C. Thiselton